Message from the Chief
Welcome to the Pleasant Grove Fire Department web site.
I hope you find your visit informative and educational. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, please contact the fire station at 801-796-9496.
A little about myself, I was appointed Chief of the Pleasant Grove Fire Department on January 1, 2015 and I have been in the fire service for over three decades. I came to Pleasant Grove in 2006 after a career in a neighboring fire department. I had the privilege of serving Pleasant Grove as the Deputy Fire Chief until being appointed Fire Chief.
The Pleasant Grove Fire Department was formed in 1906 and has a long and distinguished history of service. Today, we proudly provided full time fire and paramedic level EMS services to this wonderful community based on the same attitude of service established in the early days.
If I can be of service, please stop by the fire station for a visit or give me a call at the phone number above.
Dave Thomas, Fire Chief
The Pleasant Grove Fire Department is committed to provide excellence in emergency services including, Fire Suppression, Emergency Medical Care, and Fire Prevention.
We will accomplish our mission of excellence through strong leadership, safe practices, training, dedication, and professionalism. The Pleasant Grove Fire Department strives to meet the needs of the community by:
- Providing rapid and efficient response to emergency medical incidents, fires and other related emergencies in order to safeguard the life and property of our citizens.
- Planning for and developing programs for future Fire Department and Community needs to ensure efficiency and efficacy of operations.
- Providing continued Fire Prevention Services including public education to ensure the safety of our citizens.
- Providing the tools and training to fire department personnel in order to provide the highest level of Emergency
- Medical Services to our citizens.
- Providing firefighters with focused training and the latest and best available equipment to perform their duties.
- Earn the public's trust through quality professional services.
- Maintain a work environment that promotes harmony, respect, and is free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Leadership that is committed to accomplishing the department's mission, consistent with the Mission of Pleasant Grove City.
- Promote a diverse workforce, representative of the community we serve.
- Maintain and support a highly trained and professional work force.
- Utilize a team concept to effectively achieve our mission and meet our goals.
- Chief Dave Thomas () 801-796-9496 ex 381
- Deputy Chief Andrew Engemann () 801-796-9496 ex 382
- Fire Marshal/Battalion Chief Brian Patten () 801-796-9496 ex 383
- To schedule a fire station tour or other contact request ( or )
- Fire Department Employment information and opportunities ()
- Contact the Fire Department (station or on-duty crew) - 801-796-9496, 864 S 490 W Pleasant Grove, UT 84062